Blog Banner

The blog banner was made with elements from Lorie Davison. The nail head is Mo Jackson, the white rabbit and the key is Tangie Baxter. The butterflies are from Katie Pertiet.

Monday, August 1, 2011

Root C Anal

So, I went back to the dentist to finish up the 
root canal from hell.



And I said,

Doc.  
Next time.  
Smack me with a brick.  
Zap me with a taser.  
Then, I'll hand you an obscene amount of money 
and it'll save us both a lot of time and misery.



He wasn't amused.
Sheeshk.
Some people have no sense of humor.

Speaking of sense of humor-
I made this necklace
out of a tiny Gin bottle charm.
I added tiny glass beads inside
to look like ice.
In case you like your Gin "on the rocks."
I soldered the whole thing closed.
It's kind of cute.



I'm not sure when they were passing these out.
I know it's old.
I'm hoping they didn't use to appear in those
children's gum-ball machines.

What did you get Jimmy?  says Mom 
Golly Gee, Mom!  I got a bottle of GIN! says little Jimmy.

My humorous stuff doesn't usually sell.
We'll see what happens with this one.


It's a JEEP thing!
This one has gotten some interest.
I'm sure someone out there wants to wear a teeny-tiny
one inch Jeep around their neck.
Who wouldn't?


I even found an old Jeep key to go with it.


I reworked this one.
It's another weird little necklace.
Cinderella's broken glass slipper pieces.
Contained in a bottle to wear around your neck.
Create your own fairy tale.


I've been working on this one for a while.
I keep putting it down and then picking it up.
Do you ever do that?
I liked it before I took the picture.
Now, I'm not so sure.
The ivory flower beads,
well,
they remind me of teeth.
It kind of takes away from the charm
don't you think?
Perhaps I won't list that in the Etsy description.

Charming pink bracelet with teeth like beads.
No.
Doesn't flow, does it?


I'm happy with these!
Same tooth beads but somehow they work here.


I have this just waiting to be made into a fabulous piece of jewelry.
Nothing sells like a grenade necklace!

Inspiration from Bruno Mars.

Click on his name if you've managed to miss out hearing this song.


And, what's this?
Yeah.
It's a staple.
In the butter.
Dangerous butter, again.
I've really got to stop crafting in the kitchen.
Either that 
or remember to
refrigerate the butter.



14 comments:

see mary stamp said...

Hope your mouth is feeling better Kath!

fairyrocks said...

I hear you with the roto rooters..I had one, and am still wishing the helpful nurse didn't tell me exactly what they were doing....I think I am still undergoing financial hardship for that one but, the pain isn't in my tooth anymore LOL
Love your humor and creativity

Into Vintage said...

I suspect many things will look like teeth to you until you recover from the trauma of your root c anal. Perhaps that tiny bottle of gin was corked up a little too soon... :-)

Kathy said...

LOL! This post cracked me up. Sorry about the root canal trama - I hope it's over soon!

AlphaBetsy said...

I love the photo of dangerous butter...hahaha. Awesome, and a little scary. :)

Kathy said...

Lovely creations, I adore the wee bottles.

Oh root canals, I have had them...I am a big ninny when it comes to anything dental, so scarey. I have the most perfect lady dentist (well she has a fancy name) who I go to for these darn things. IF you have to go, she is the only one I will go to. She has an awesome office, you can watch videos or listen to music with head phones, she puts a handmade quilt on you, big old sunglasses to cover your eyes from the glare and spooky stuff. She sends you home with home made soup and a tea bag with a note of encouragement. I love her, I still do not like to go see her and haven't for many years now...but I thank God she is there is I need her. lol

In the Light of the Moon said...

Thanks for making me laugh out loud!! Staple in the butter oh my!!I think your creations are awesome!!I especially love the Cinderella Broken Glass Slipper..How cool!!Hugs,Cat

Martha's Favorites said...

Hi: I am your newest follower! I just found you blog and I so love every thing you make. Your dentist story is so funny. What is wrong with that Dentist? I am looking forward to getting to know you. Blessings, Martha

Pansy Cottage Girl said...

Sorry to hear about your unhappy adventure at the dentist! I think visiting the dentist is on the top of the procrastination list.

Róisín said...

What a bore that doctor must've been, I was laughing my head off when I read your plan for next time! If only... Glad to hear you've it all sorted out now and I love that wee necklace!

p.s. Thanks for your reply to my last comments, I don't feel as bad about being a terrible blogger anymore :)

Cameron said...

My gosh, I come back and you're in more pain...of a different sort, sure, but your poor body.....

I like all your creations, the jeep key to go along with the jeep is just perfect!
Pretty, pretty earrings, too!

...the bracelet...I'm with you...still feels unfinished somehow...hmmm

.Trudi Sissons said...

Damn that dangerous butter - hard to imagine how you manage to keep your sense of humor with killer butter and root canals...thank gawd for laughter! OH how I wish you were my next door neighbour! I crave people with your sense of humor! I love the more conventional jewelry in these photos - but - the 'tooth beads' definitely belong in a post apart from the root canal!!
j/k
Re your question on the row houses - I just wiggle my nose :0) All kidding aside, I extracted them from their background, colored them and then used a distort/bulge/shrink element to twist them up a bit, so they appeared more 'organic'. I am not a photoshop user - microsoft digital image - no longer available :o(

Bohemian said...

Root Canals... Dangerous Butter... you're a riot... I was thinking that those wee bottles would be perfect to showcase something creepy like a tooth! *Winks* I've saved my kid's and G-Kids baby teeth that the Tooth Fairy *AKA: Me* had to exchange hard Cash for... so I PAID for them, right? Might as well find a useful way to display said creepy Treasures... *LOL* Maybe a little Fairy Dust inserted in bottle with wee teeth??? Then maybe I could sell them back to the Crew on that "Oddities" Show??? *Smiles*

Dawn... The Bohemian

Gretz said...

Oh you are too funny. I hope you are getting over the trauma now. I have to say the first thing I thought of when I saw the necklace - was - TEETH!