Blog Banner

The blog banner was made with elements from Lorie Davison. The nail head is Mo Jackson, the white rabbit and the key is Tangie Baxter. The butterflies are from Katie Pertiet.

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Flash!

It's pretty toasty outside today, Kids.
So, I'm doing things inside.
One of our library pages is leaving this week.
I made her this book:


Here's the inside.
You write down 50 things you want to do.
Cross them off as you complete them
and continue adding so that
you always have a list of 50 things.
I was doing this for our college library pages
long before the "Bucket List" movie.
It's the same concept.


If I had been thinking I'd have taken pictures as I went along.
You could be reading a tutorial right now.
As it is,
Your own best guess on how to do this is good.
That's pretty much what I did.
I am a "fly by the seat of my pants" kind of girl.
I knew you'd want to know that.

I also made her these:


Gwyneth Paltrow wore a pair similar to these
on the Grammy Awards this year.
And yes.
The bag of Sally Rand feathers is still out.
No.
I'm not taking up fan dancing,
but thanks for asking.

I also was doing research on
the green flash phenomenon.


Are you familiar with this?
When the sun goes down
sometimes
just sometimes
there's a bright green flash right before it 
disappears on the horizon.
I've never seen one.
I've always wanted to.
But it inspired me to make a bracelet.



I'm really happy with it.
It's all sunset oranges and yellows
with a little Caribbean blue thrown in for effect.
It is of course, sitting in my Etsy shop
as we speak.



The green flash beads are flashier in real life.
But then again,
aren't we all?!

6 comments:

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

Hi Kathy,
beautiful creations and I love the book!!!
Have a great weeek.
Hugs,
Marie

Alisa Noble said...

I LOVE the book idea! My Farmboy and I made a list at least 10 years ago... and then lost it. So about 5 yrs later made another. But we recently found the first one and were able to cross a handful of items off. Putting it all into a book is just brilliant!

Pansy Cottage Girl said...

I love the book you made. Ok, I have book envy!

In the Light of the Moon said...

Gosh so mant great pieces to this post!!Love the book you made your friend,the earrings and that bracelet is stunning!!Hugs,Cat

Unknown said...

YUMMY YUMMY The green flash Oh how often we have watched for it in the years I lived in Manhattan beach ca and Maui. Put that picture really got it The combo of yellow clouds and blue sea makes greeN!!

Cameron said...

I love the idea of that book...what a cool gift!

That bracelet is genius...gorgeous and inspired by the magic of Nature!