Blog Banner

The blog banner was made with elements from Lorie Davison. The nail head is Mo Jackson, the white rabbit and the key is Tangie Baxter. The butterflies are from Katie Pertiet.

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Forget You!

If you follow this blog, you know I love music.
All kinds of music.
Right now,
I'm running around town
in my bright yellow VW Bug
listening to
Cee Lo
sing
Forget You




Here it is if you've never heard it.
This is the Grammy version with Gwyneth Paltrow
and the Muppets.
Be forewarned, however.
If you Google this song
you are liable to hear the original version.
Which is not Forget You.
But-
I don't sing that version
running around town in my
bright yellow VW bug.

I AM tempted to sing the
"not suitable for airplay version"
 whilst
filling up the aforementioned vehicle
with over priced
petrol.
So,
suffice it to say that I'm really NOT
running around town too too much.
Instead,
I'm doing this:



Have you ever seen Wicked?
This was inspired by the show stopping song
Defying Gravity.


Speaking of defying gravity,
I made this little butterfly necklace.


And this bracelet.

Well, the bracelet doesn't actually defy gravity.
I know this because I kept dropping it
while I was wiring it together.
The black stone is actually a cobalt blue but 
you can't tell because the sky was rather grey 
when I took the photos outside.


And I turned the Voodoo doll into a festive
wear it always (there when you need it)
necklace.
I might think of using it at the gas station...

So I'm off to do laundry and other defying gravity adventures.
All the while
singing Cee Lo

"I guess the change in my pocket wasn't enough..."


7 comments:

Terri Kahrs said...

When you mentioned singing Cee Lo's original version at the gas station, I cracked up! Tooooooo true, My Friend!!! Love the new jewelry and the way you've used your little voodoo guy. And, YES, I DO remember the 'Man from Uncle' and Ilya too! (Nudge back with huge smile!) Hugs, Terri xoxo

thekathrynwheel said...

Ooh, love your jewellery especially the voodoo doll! And I love that song too - I was dancing to that one yesterday when I was at a wedding!

kluless said...

Love your jewelry and just admire anyone who has the patience for working with the tiny jewlery makings - not me, for sure! I can sing the "not for the airwaves" version while I'm making jewelry at the gas station - LOL!

Cameron said...

I like it until he starts crying..."why...why" then I'm like...suck it up, man! Haha!

Lovin the jewelry, you know I will always be a fan of your soldered pendants ;P

I visited your daughter's birthday list post, btw....she's just darling :)

Suz said...

I didn't see "Wicked" but I have downloaded all of the music. "Defying Gravity" is my face, always makes me feel like crying...but in a good way.
Fondly,
Suz

Róisín said...

First of all, great post. Loved all of the things! Secondly - !!! You have wee VW bug??? A yellow one?! I cannot even begin to put my envy into words...

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

Your daughter's list made her sound much older and wiser than she is. Cute list!

I'm jealous of the bug too. You must not be putting too much gas into it. I have a monster truck that won't be leaving my driveway much for a while, I'll be driving my "toaster" a little white Scion that everyone makes fun of.