Blog Banner

The blog banner was made with elements from Lorie Davison. The nail head is Mo Jackson, the white rabbit and the key is Tangie Baxter. The butterflies are from Katie Pertiet.

Sunday, March 20, 2011

I Don't Want to Live on the Moon

Remember this?



I found this little charm.


And it made me think of this song.

Well, I'd like to visit the moon
On a rocket ship high in the air
Yes, I'd like to visit the moon
But I don't think I'd like to live there
Though I'd like to look down at the earth from above
I would miss all the places and people I love
So although I might like it for one afternoon
I don't want to live on the moon


I'd like to travel under the sea
I could meet all the fish everywhere
Yes, I'd travel under the sea
But I don't think I'd like to live there
I might stay for a day there if I had my wish
But there's not much to do when your friends are all fish
And an oyster and clam aren't real family
So I don't want to live in the sea




I'd like to visit the jungle, hear the lions roar
Go back in time and meet a dinosaur
There's so many strange places I'd like to be
But none of them permanently


So if I should visit the moon
Well, I'll dance on a moonbeam and then
I will make a wish on a star
And I'll wish I was home once again
Though I'd like to look down at the earth from above
I would miss all the places and people I love
So although I may go I'll be coming home soon
'Cause I don't want to live on the moon
No, I don't want to live on the moon






I  love this song.
Good night.
Sweet dreams.

3 comments:

Cameron said...

I don't want to live on the Moon either...I think the view and, most definately, he company is far better from down here :)

Sweet charm! Looks a little like Kermit ;)

Róisín said...

Aw, what a sweet post! I'm not sure, sometimes I think I would like to live on the moon, if only for a little while. t'Would be grand and peaceful up there! But yes, I take your point. More fun down here :) Oh, and I thought the wee charm looked like Kermit too. Hope you are well my friend!
Roisin x

.Trudi Sissons said...

Thanks Kathy - that was a nice memory!