Blog Banner

The blog banner was made with elements from Lorie Davison. The nail head is Mo Jackson, the white rabbit and the key is Tangie Baxter. The butterflies are from Katie Pertiet.

Sunday, September 12, 2010

The Butterfly Effect

This title grabbed me immediately.  It's the title of a Ray Bradbury story and has always been one of my favorites.  It's about time travel and how one tiny incidental thing caused by going into the past and stepping on a butterfly has huge, voluminous consequences when the time traveling group returns to the present.  You never know how one tiny act may effect something else down the line.
Trudi over at Two Dresses Studio is collecting 2 dimensional butterflies for the Holocaust Museum exhibit in Houston Texas.  This exhibit will take place in the spring of 2013.  They are collecting 1.5 million butterflies.
Why? 

Because 1.5 million children died 
during the Holocaust.  
1.5 million children died 
because they were Jewish.

1.5 million children died.
One Point Five Million Children.
You can be part of this.
Make a butterfly.
You can learn more by going here.
Imagine seeing 1.5 million of these.
Imagine.
Stop Hate.  Starting Here.
Peace.

4 comments:

~*~Patty S said...

Such a moving and beautiful project, wonderful of Trudi to get everyone organized and motivated
Your butterfly is absolutely gorgeous!
oxo

Tumble Fish Studio said...

Hi my fellow librarian! It always makes me happy to see a visit from you on my blog and even happier to flutter over here for a visit . . . speaking of fluttering . . . your butterfly . . . Oh, it's just stunning! What a beautiful gift and creation of the heart! It is spectacular and such a special tribute to this moving cause.

I'm off to peak a bit more! Have a great rest of the week!
marsha

Pansy Cottage Girl said...

What a noble and beautiful idea. As a mother just the notion of such atrocity breaks my heart. I think I will have my children make a butterfly for the event. Thanks for the info.

.Trudi Sissons said...

Kathy - it is absolutely beautiful - I received it today and it's on my blog, but I wish I would have seen these photos first...In fact, I think I will go back now and edit my post to add these photos, because they need to be seen there too!!
If my memory serves me correctly, you were the very first person to sign up - thank you!!! OK - I'm off to add these and also go back and read to see if I can figure out how you made your butterfly.....