Blog Banner

The blog banner was made with elements from Lorie Davison. The nail head is Mo Jackson, the white rabbit and the key is Tangie Baxter. The butterflies are from Katie Pertiet.

Friday, July 23, 2010

It's About Time!

So, I'm looking around the house and I realize that this clock/watch (clock watcher?) obsession
 I have going on is  everywhere.  I thought I'd share it with you.  
This is a really cool old/new clock that comes in a travel case.  Goodwill for $1.99.  
I love it.  It actually works and keeps time!.
Another Goodwill find for peanuts.
I love that it has a steampunk look to it.
Yuppers.  Goodwill.  Yes, it keeps time.
And yet another Goodwill find.  
I used to haunt the Goodwill like the ghosts in a Dicken's novel!
When I realized that I knew most of "the regulars" there
I decided I should cut back on my habit.
Just a little bit.
Here they are all on the wall.
Speaking of ghosts,
these all look sort of spooky like this
don't you think?

You've probably seen this elsewhere on my blog.
Easy way to show off an old pocket watch.
Here's my mantle over the fireplace.
Lots o'clocks.
None of them work.
This drives my husband bonkers!
He's one of those that sets his clock
10 minutes faster so that he's never late.
My secret is out.
I'm married to the White Rabbit
 from Alice in Wonderland.
Time flies!
Especially, when the clocks
are set 10 minutes fast.
Yeah.  I know.
Clocks are everywhere!
Can you say obsessive-compulsive?
Can you say none of them have the same time?
Can you say the fact that I get ANYWHERE
on time is a miracle?!
Consider what a great girl you are.
Consider what a long way you've come today.
Consider what O'CLOCK it is.
Consider anything, 
only don't cry!
I've gotta run.  Susan is picking me up for work
in either 40 minutes, 10 minutes, or I'm already late!
Ta-ta!

5 comments:

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

I live in a land without time, seems like. Clocks everywhere and none work. I've decided that I need to add a REAL clock to my studio. It might change my life.

Róisín said...

I love them! All of them! What a great post. I think it's a healthy obsession. Keep it up!


p.s Your home looks so lovely!

AlphaBetsy said...

I love your clocks!! I could easily have the same obsession especially if I had the luck you do finding them. Wow!!

Prior said...

Great little travel clock and what a great buy...I saw one today, I wanted for 6.95. I thought that was a great deal...Love the way you have displayed all your clocks and watches! Lezlee

Terri Kahrs said...

Love your collection, and it's displayed beautifully! Hmmm . . . . my Goodwill never seems to have a lot of anything!!! Hugs, Terri xoxo