Blog Banner

The blog banner was made with elements from Lorie Davison. The nail head is Mo Jackson, the white rabbit and the key is Tangie Baxter. The butterflies are from Katie Pertiet.

Thursday, July 22, 2010

It Was A Beautiful Day

You gotta love Tom Petty.  Well, actually, you don't gotta love Tom Petty, but I do.  His song, "Runnin' Down A Dream" was a perfect theme song for our day on Tuesday.  My daughter and I drove to the dunes along Lake Michigan to enjoy the beach.  My soul needs sand, water, and a little beach to keep going.  It had been a very long time and this was a quick fix.  No palm trees but lots of sand and water.
The day started out grey and rainy.  
BUT, we persevered.  
Sometimes you just have to buck the popular opinion 
and..
go with 
your gut.  
We did.  
The day turned out ...
GLORIOUS!
We sat on this.
Watched this.
Just like this.  All day.  It was great.
Time stopped for a while and I could breathe again.


I went home and Photoshopped this picture of 
my daughter in the water.
It says it all.
Peace.

1 comment:

The Quintessential Magpie said...

It does, indeed! Glad you had such a glorious day. I love the water.

XO,

Sheila :-)