Blog Banner

The blog banner was made with elements from Lorie Davison. The nail head is Mo Jackson, the white rabbit and the key is Tangie Baxter. The butterflies are from Katie Pertiet.

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

If You're Happy and You Know It Clap Your Hands


Are you happy?  What makes you happy?  Can you choose happy and does the "bluebird of happiness" have anything to do with it?  Is happiness really a constitutional right or is it merely the pursuit of happiness?
Is there a happiness gene?  If you don't have it, are you doomed?
These are the things I think about late at night when the television is off.
Me?  I'm pretty darned happy most of the time. 
Susan over at A Circle of Buttons is happy more often than I am.
The bluebird of happiness looks for her when he has a bad day.


The only time Susan is not happy is when Blogger doesn't play fair.
Then she calls me for help.  
I know just enough to be dangerous.
Because I help Susan with her blog 
when IT'S not happy,
she bought me these as a thank you.
Nothing makes me happier 
than a friend 
who wants to see me get blood poisoning.
I can't seem to find the records for my last tetanus shot.
BUT - I know that the sight of rusted, sharp metal objects 
(and the possibility of contracting lockjaw)
 makes me swoon!!
What is all this rambling about?
Kane County Flea Market.
Just walking around the flea market makes me VERY happy!

And no, I have NO idea what these rusted things are.
They are just cool and groovy.
Saying cool and groovy makes me happy.

I bought some pretty lace.  Lace makes me happy.
If Stevie Nicks redid her song "Leather and Lace" to
""Rusted Blood Poisoning Stuff and Lace" I'm pretty sure she could have sold a few more record albums.
This was a pretty lace collar, I bought.  Unfortunately for the lace collar
I'll probably cut it up into bits. 
 I don't think adding it to my Miller Lite t-shirt with the paint stains on the front 
will help to gussy  up the shirt any.  
So, instead I'll chop this gorgeous lace collar
 and make something with it.
Do Ya Feel LUCKY??
Now, THIS was cool. And groovy.
  It's in really good condition and I just love the box it came in.
I'm a sucker for a good box.
Actually, I'm a sucker for any kind of box.
I'm in therapy for that now.
All of  the pieces are there.


My lucky number is right up on top.
Thirteen.
That is my lucky number.
If you aren't feeling happy 
here's a quote to inspire you:

Those who can laugh without cause have either found the true meaning of happiness 
or have gone stark raving mad.  ~Norm Papernick

Now go out and start smiling at people.  
It makes 'em wonder what you're up to!
and...BE HAPPY!!

9 comments:

Pearl and Pebble said...

Wonderful post! Love the treasures and those rusty gear thingys are fabulous:)

Prior said...

ha ha! We could have a happy party together! I giggle with delight at all your happy making things! Lezlee

Terri Kahrs said...

Awesome post! Rust and lace and old buttons and fun posts make ME happy!!! Those gear whatcha-mi-calits are awesome!!! (Tet-nus shots . . . . NOT so awesome!!! They've got "danger Will Robinson written all over them, but they're STILL awesome!!!) Hugs, Terri xoxo

Rebecca said...

Hi Kathy...
My kids make me happy... well most of the time.
They have been home for the past 2 weeks so I have not gotten around blogland and that does not make me happy but I am sure the lazy hazy days of summer will soon come my way and then I can catch up!
Maybe after this show but then there is the big one in September to prepare for !!! Thinking about all I have to do...makes me
STRESSED!!!
Many Blessings
Rebecca

AlphaBetsy said...

Rusted metal makes me happy too!! As does lace. What amazing finds!!!

Greatma said...

I love your blog with all the Alice in Wonderland stuff, so joined. It is a very happy blog, it made me smile!!! Antique Rose

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

I've always wanted to go to the Kane CO Flea.

This is sure a happy day for me, with the baby news!!

Róisín said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Róisín said...

Aw, what a cheerful and inspiring post. The happiness just radiates from it! And your images put in mind of browsing through thrift shops- one of my favourite things to do. So thanks for spreading the joy! Although, I do now have "If your happy and you know it clap your hands..." stuck in my head :)