Blog Banner

The blog banner was made with elements from Lorie Davison. The nail head is Mo Jackson, the white rabbit and the key is Tangie Baxter. The butterflies are from Katie Pertiet.

Thursday, July 15, 2010

I Am Not Lost

Compasses.  Plural.  
From the sale last week.
I found both of these in the wood shop.
Tucked away amongst wood shop tools.
Funny, isn't it?
Why he'd have two compasses in his wood shop?
This one is from 1917
It has cracked glass on the inside.
I like that.
Especially, since I seem to have a penchant for 
cracking glass things myself.
The other thing I found tucked away?
Glitter.
Lots and lots of old glitter.
It's not glass glitter but it appears rather tinny.
It's definitely not plastic glitter.
Some of it was kept in old medicine bottles.
Recycling in 1954.
There were also some bits and bobs of holiday knick-knacks
A pack of black and white chenille stems.  
All just asking me, "So.  What are you going to do with this?"

5 comments:

anythinggoeshere said...

Love it all!!! xo Joan@anythinggoeshere

Into Vintage said...

Bits and bobs are the best. Maybe he kept the compasses in the wood shop because it was the 1954 equivalent of the 'man room'. Or maybe those compasses held a secret... :-)

In the Light of the Moon said...

I get such a thrill out of finding treasures tucked away..they were there,waiting...for you to uncover them!Enjoy.Warmest Regards,Cat

Gretz said...

Oh I love the compasses, especially the one with the cracked face :o)

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Those compasses are fabulous! And what fun to find the glitter, too. Don't you love hidden, surprisse treasures? They're the best kind!

XO,

Sheila :-)