Blog Banner

The blog banner was made with elements from Lorie Davison. The nail head is Mo Jackson, the white rabbit and the key is Tangie Baxter. The butterflies are from Katie Pertiet.

Thursday, May 20, 2010

A Pumpkin Miracle

I bought a pumpkin last October for Halloween.  I placed said pumpkin on my front porch.
Halloween came and went.  Thanksgiving came and went.
Christmas came and went.  St. Patrick's Day came and went.
You can see where I'm going with this, can't you?
 I removed that pumpkin today.  I did not photograph it.  You may thank me for that later.  

Instead, I made this with some art from Tangie Baxter.
Here's what I learned when removing the ummm..well what looked to resemble something from a nearby cow pasture:   (No photo.  You're welcome)


A.  If you leave things long enough they become light as air.

B.  Things you think may be disgusting, goopy, and full of goo, may not be.

C.  Things just may not be heavier than they appear.  

D.  Be careful not to exert too much pressure.  This may cause the thing you think is extremely       heavy to go flying through the air at warp  speed if  using too much of a nudge.  Treat................gently.   This is key.

E.   Go ahead and do the thing you fear on a nice sun shiny day.  It's not as scary.

F.   Life lessons CAN be learned from a 7 month old pumpkin.

There you go.  My thoughts for the day.  Have a good one.

2 comments:

Into Vintage said...

I have to know - why today? :-) Halloween will roll back around eventually. And yes, I am that lazy.

Prior said...

lol, I love your pumpkin art! Lezlee