Blog Banner

The blog banner was made with elements from Lorie Davison. The nail head is Mo Jackson, the white rabbit and the key is Tangie Baxter. The butterflies are from Katie Pertiet.

Monday, April 19, 2010

Sunday morning. 9 a.m.

A few estate sale finds.






I bought a bag full of old cotton birds.  This one is my favorite.








Here he is added to my dining room wall
with some vintage sheet music that I've  tacked up.


















Then I bought this odd knob thingy.















And...

I added it

to this not old glass display.















Which made this!




















Which I turned into a lovely wish jar.

All done!  Created for only $5.50!

5 comments:

Cher' Shots said...

I adore the old bird ~ lol ~ and your creation of the 'wish jar' is brilliant. LOV'N IT!

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

That bird looks real! And the domed display is so springy and pretty.

Rebecca said...

Well done girl!
Love that little bird and it does look real...
I hope you have a great week.
Blessings
Rebecca

Susan said...

You always find the best stuff!!!! Take me with you. I love the bird...it looks so real!

Burlap Luxe said...

I love the bird you chose as your favorite and the paper art is so up my alley I am an artist with paper as well, anything birds is a passion as well.

I will see you soon.

Dore