Blog Banner

The blog banner was made with elements from Lorie Davison. The nail head is Mo Jackson, the white rabbit and the key is Tangie Baxter. The butterflies are from Katie Pertiet.

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Details in the Fabric

Details in the Fabric is a great song by Jason Mraz.  This is now one of my favorite songs.  Especially when life is on a roller coaster as it sometimes is.  This is the perfect "calm down" song.  Sometimes I need that.

I made this today:  I thought I liked it until I hung it up.  The details really are in the fabric.  The little bird completely disappeared.  As the song says, "If you're shocked it's just the fault of faulty manufacturing."
I like that.  Although the faulty manufacturing was on my part.
So I redid it:  I just covered up the little bird with another little bird.  Viola!  It looks much better now.
I hung it over the mantle  I like the way it turned out.  Even if it is a redo.  Sometimes things in life require a redo.  A lot of the times it actually makes it better!  I'm going to sit and look at it for awhile.  I didn't want it too foofy, but I think it needs a few more touches.
I've been fooling with the arrangement for a while.  I think I like this.  The little girl still needs some nice wings.  That'll be next.   Life is wonderful.  I like that song by Jason Mraz, also.  I hope you had a peaceful Sunday.

No comments: