Blog Banner

The blog banner was made with elements from Lorie Davison. The nail head is Mo Jackson, the white rabbit and the key is Tangie Baxter. The butterflies are from Katie Pertiet.

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Christmas sheep and bird's nests

Today is when we "spring forward."  I took that literally.  I got up way too early and started dragging out a few springy things.
I found this little chippy white stand at the Goodwill last year.  It fit the cloche perfectly.  I've had this nappy little nest for quite a few years.  It tucked into the cloche just like it was meant to be there.
This is a tiny cloche I purchased at Anthropologie.  Looking at this photo I realize that it has a crack in it.  I tend to crack or break many, many things.  I've pondered and pondered this thinking that truly there must be a meaning.  Do I feel that I'm too transparent?  Do I feel that I fear perfection?  Naww.....none of that.
                                          It just means -
                                                      I'm a clutz!!
I put the glass bottle I made a few weeks ago (it also has a crack in it) up on the mantle with an old candlestick holding a glass globe (with NO crack yet) .
My daughter made this house clock eons ago.  I purchased the little white bird and the bust of a young girl at - where else? - the Goodwill.  I'm going to alter the young girl.
                                          GADS!  That sounded hideous!!  
I just mean that I'll be adding fairy wings and collaged bits.


And - here's the poor little Christmas lamb.  Still tucked way up in the corner on a shelf.  I'll put him away with the other Christmas things.  I forgot all about him.  At least, he's not breakable.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Hi Kathy
Your springy things look fabulous. Love the cloche with the nest and that stand from goodwill...looks like a million bucks.
Hope you have a great week
Blessings